Harrison & Johnston has been deeply involved in the Shenandoah Valley commercial real estate market for over 60 years, forging strong relationships with key players and working cooperatively and productively with owners, developers, investors, financial institutions, property managers, and tenants in all types of financing transactions.
Successful commercial real estate transactions do not happen without investors and lenders willing to assume the inherent risks involved in such deals. In turn, those financing sources do not come to the table without the due diligence, documentation, and dedication required throughout a financing transaction’s life cycle.
At Harrison & Johnston, our commercial real estate financing attorneys provide exceptional client service, counsel, and documentation from commitment through closing. Our well-established presence in the Shenandoah Valley and Northern Virginia commercial real estate market allows us to bring all parties together in a way that facilitates efficient consummation of transactions and financing arrangements. We work diligently to minimize our clients’ exposure while maximizing available security and remedies in the event of a dispute or default. When such defaults arise, our attorneys offer insights and strategic advocacy to help lenders negotiate and document creative loan workouts that effectively protect their interests.
Our commercial and residential lending services include:
- Representation of financial institutions and private lenders
- Representation of equity investors and mezzanine lenders
- Secured and non-recourse transactions
- Real estate acquisition, construction, and permanent lending
- Leasehold mortgage financing
- Retail financing
- Subordinated debt and mezzanine lending
- Equipment financing
- Multistate loan transactions
- Loan documentation
- Loan facility workout agreements
- Bankruptcy, forbearances, and foreclosure proceedings